Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tomato Soup w/ Grilled Cheese

So this is a favorite food of mine -creamy tomato soup. I have missed eating it and made a promise to myself that I would once again the creamy simple pleasure of this old school comfort food. I hit the nail right on the head and feel this recipe is really really special. So yummy that I failed to take pics because I ate it all.

It is tomato season so I will suggest that taking advantage of the local heirloom and field tomatoes is a good idea. However, this recipe was made with convenience in mind. Instead of using canned diced tomatoes use 3.5 cups of  roasted tomatoes

What is tomato soup without grilled cheese? I have found a wonderful bread recipe that makes a lovely little sandwich. I have to admit it was time consuming but easy! It is also perfect for a nice crusty piece of bread to add to the side. Perfect Crusty Piece of Bread. Slice the bread and grill with Galaxy Vegan Rice Cheese and enjoy!


Tomato Soup

1 Tble sunflower oil
1 leek chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 Tbl Zahtar season
2 tsp dried oregano
28 oz canned tomatoes
 15 oz can coconut milk

1. eat oil in a large sauce pan and add leeks and garlic. saute until soft about 5 minutes.
2. add Zahtar and oregano and saute another 3 minutes
3. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes on low-med heat
5. Add coconut milk and bring just to a boil
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and the run through food processor until smooth.
7. (optional) run through a sieve or mesh strainer)
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment