Monday, August 15, 2011

Meatless Monday Menu 8/15

My mother made a menu at the beginning of every week. It helped her with her shopping she stayed organized and did not go over budget. Budget is a thing with me since so many people think that good healthy food costs money.  It is actually some of the cheapest eats out there.
Meatless Monday Menu
8/15 2011
Dinner
Monday – Rustic White Beans & Mushrooms w/ a  side of salad and tamarind vinaigrette
Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero page 120
Tuesday –Chickpea and Kale Masala (it will be hubbies turn to cook and he makes it like his momma made it)
WednesdayAncho Lentil Tacos
Thursday – Pizza Night!!!
Friday – Collard Green Sushi 
I like to try something exciting and new on Fridays. If it does not work out then we can just go out to eat!

Lunches
Shells & "Cheese"  I make a big  batch a head of time and freeze
Wraps – I love making wraps for my kids because anything can go into a wrap and it is 2 seconds to make.
Vegetable Fried Rice is also a staple for my children. I do buy that at Trader Joes but I am only one woman and making lunch from scratch every day is hard.
Breakfast
Roasted Cauliflower Fritatta
Vegan Mini Donuts

Cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, soy or almond yogurt – the usual I mean we are vegans not freaks


Snacks and Dessert

A vegan snack at my house is pretzles, popcorn or fresh fruit. My children will also gnaw on carrots, celery and cucumbers. I keep it simple  for snacks.

I will be making chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for dessert.   Its a big deal and I am not telling my daughter about it yet.

1 comment:

  1. healthy, delicious, practical. excellent!

    ReplyDelete